1) Was 2010 a good year for you? Overall yes, there have been a lot of low points but I think good overall.
2) What was your favorite moment of the year? karaoke, I don’t know which time, but definitely karaoke
3) What was your least favorite moment of the year? Crying for reasons I am choosing not to mention right now (because it still pisses me off that it was that upsetting).
4) Where were you when 2010 began? Keg stand.
5) Who were you with? I’ve made countless new friends all of whom have filled up my hours dearly!
6 ) Where will you be when 2010 ends? At Sidetrack in Chicago
7) Who will you be with when 2010 ends? Alisha, Brian and the awesome crew at Sidetrack.
8.) Did you keep your New Year’s resolution of 2009? I don’t know if I made a resolution in 2009 so I’m gonna go with no.
9) Did you break up with anyone in 2010? Thankfully that was not possible.
10) Did you make any new friends in 2010? Lots and lots!
11) Who are your favorite new friends? I’m going to say Brian because I live with him, but really I can’t choose out of all the really incredible people I met in 2010.
12) What was your favorite month of 2010? June – summer in Chicago is irreplacable, as is pride.
13) Did you go abroad in 2010? Totally, I love Europe!
14) How many different states did you travel to in 2010? Just Tejas and Massachusetts
15) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2010? Not that I recall.
16) Did you miss anybody in the past year? Of course, but I’d like to know who doesn’t miss anyone in an entire year.
17) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2010? Beats the hell outta me, so I’ll just go with the last movie I saw. How Do You Know – it’s pretty entertaining and I like chick flicks.
18) What was your favorite album from 2010? No idea, I liked a lot of stuff.
19) How many concerts did you see in 2010? Not a lot but I never go to big shows. The last I remember is Shannon Curtis
20) Did you have a favorite concert in 2010? See above.
21) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2010? Ha, that would be an understatement. I’m not sure I remember half of Jan/Feb (though I claim for good reason).
22) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2010? No drugs for me.
23) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? Not that I recall, so I guess that’s a no.
24) What was the biggest lie you told in 2010? None that I remember.
25) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2010? Don’t know.
26) Did you treat somebody badly in 2010? Nope, I was even pretty nice to myself
27) Ddi somebody treat you badly in 2010? That’s questionable, I think
28) How much money did you spend in 2010? Within my budget… except for Europe, totally blew my budget there.
29) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2010? Oh good lord who knows with all the crazy nights out.
30.) What is one thing you did in 2010 that you’d never done before? Tried to run a marathon. Actually ran a half marathon and several races. (I’ve never run more than a mile and a half before).
31.) Did someone close to you give birth? Yep, a few. We’re at that age.
32.) What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? A relationship.
33.) What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? None.
34.) What was your biggest achievement of the year? I graduated from grad school
35.) What was your biggest failure? Didn’t finish the marathon, even though it was better for my health, I was still severely disappointed.
36.) Did you suffer illness or injury? Some injuries while training for the marathon.
37.) What was the best thing you bought? My ticket to Europe.
38.) Whose behavior merited celebration? My roomies have been amazing and my friends are great.
39.) Whose behavior made you appalled? I don’t want to think about it.
40.) Where did most of your money go? Europe
41.) What did you get really, really, really excited about? New apartment.
42.) Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or hardened? happier, infinitely
b)thinner or fatter? fatter and while I’m not happy about it’s probably a good thing
c) richer or poorer? poorer. lots of expenses.
43.) What do you wish you’d done more of? Having fun.
44.) What do you wish you’d done less of? Being sad about being single.
45.) How did you spend Christmas? With my mom and cousins in Round Top, Texas
46.) Did you fall in love in 2010? No, but I spent a considerable amount of time falling out of love.
47.) Any one-night stands? Yes.
48.) What was your favorite TV program? Grey’s Anatomy. (always)
49.) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.
50.) What was the best book you read? The elegance of the hedgehog
51.) What was your greatest musical discovery? Oh jesus, I don’t know, I spent most of 2010 listening to really awful pop music that I can dance to.
52.) What did you want and get? Fitter. I was in fantastic shape for the majority of 2010.
53.) What did you want and not get? A girlfriend
54.) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went to dinner by myself, which is exactly what I wanted to do on my birthday. Sometimes you need a day to be alone.
55.) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less heartache and being less of a workaholic.
56.) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? All over the place
57.) What kept you sane? My simply amazing friends. And a lot of hope.
58.) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Uh no one.
59.) What song will always remind you of 2010? Bruno Mars – Marry you
60.) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010? I learned that human compassion and friendships are invaluable. That heartbreak never gets easier. And that you can never run out of hope because no matter how much it hurts today, it will get better if you let it.
61.) Quote a song lyric that sums up the year. “You can’t hurry love, you just have to wait. It don’t come easy, it’s a game of give and take.”